Thank you for checking out my blog, Just ExploRen.
My actual name is Laurenne, but I am known as Ren! …much shorter and I thought it would be more comprehensive for people to say! But being a Kiwi with a strong accent and living in Central Australia, I get teased with ‘Rin’ a lot! Eeuuuck!! 😂
I do love my nickname though, it allows me and others to have some fun with it. Since adopting it full-time, I’ve become – The RENegade, Lady RENaissance, and now I’m just exploREN! ✈️
I am a blonde, blue eyed kiwi (New Zealander), who stands in at 5ft tall, with an addiction to travel, adventure, experiences, and has a camera and iPhone as travel buddies!
My hometown is Wellington, NZ and while I do miss it, I am loving life in Alice Springs, NT, AUS. Been here 2 years now (with a 6 month gap where I traversed the Americas), and I’ve now seen the Todd River flow three times & had a bike stolen, which means I’m now allowed to be called a local!
My loves in life are photographing animals, Netflix, NARS & Chanel Cosmetics, Le Snak’s, Apple products (Yes, I wake at 2am just to catch the keynotes!), Laduree macarons, fruit cider’s, and eBay’ing.
Hold on, I might be missing something… hmmm… oh yeah!.. I LOVE TRAVEL! In fact everything to do with it! I love plotting and planning future trips, I get excited packing, going to airports, flights (during takeoffs and landings I can be found sweating a little though!), busing around countries, eating exotic foods, meeting new people, discoveRen new cultures and exploRen different places! See what I did there?! hehe! I even love my misadventures – they make some great stories! I’m sure I’ll tell some as I go along…
I created Just ExpoRen, as I love the creative side of making a website – I can happily sit on my laptop for hours tinkering. I also made it to do a bit of storytelling, and tell stories from my travels and experiences, and also so that my family and friends can keep tabs on me too!
From Ren x
20 RANDOM THINGS YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT MOI!
- What is your middle name? Fleur
- Favorite color? Mint or teal greens
- Favorite perfume? L’eau D’issey by Issey Miyake (thanks Ange for that new love 🙂 )
- Favorite holiday? New Years
- Your favourite ice-cream flavour? Blood Orange sorbet
- Favourite TV show? Friends
- PC or Mac? Mac
- Favorite movie? The Proposal – love Ryan Reynolds!
- Favorite animal/s? Otters, Penguins & Turtles
- What is your favourite song? ‘Pumpin Blood’ by NONONO
- Favourite food? Pumpkin Quinoa salad at Page 27 cafe in Alice Springs
- Favourite drink? Boost Juice’s ‘Energy Lift’, & Baileys – not together!
- Favourite shop/s? J.Crew
- Favourite place? Pinehaven in NZ, where I grew up
- Book you love?: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.
- What is a random fact about you? I have double jointed fingers, mainly the thumbs.
- Have a favourite website? http://www.stuff.co.nz, or mine! – had too!
- Do you have a pet peeve? People who take up the whole sidewalk and walk slowly!!
- Scared of anything? The texture or feeling of spiders or insects!
- What’s your horoscope? Taurus, which describes me fairly accurately (reliable, conservative, materialistic & stubborn haha) 🙂